"We had this belief about photography, but that's about to disappear because of the computer. I actually welcome this development; I'd like to think that more overt recognition and discussion of the manipulation which has always been inherent in photographic representation is healthy."
Esther Parada -Writing in 1993 about her work with digital photographs.
When I read this quote it really grabbed me because Parada's implications ('which has always been inherent') about the subject of manipulation are one's that I feel strongly about. As a matter of fact, I had, in this blog, written a series of posts about manipulation in fine art imaging. The series of posts, formulated into an essay, can be read on my website, here, or on the Digital Outback Photo website, where it was also published....here.
Esther Parada -Writing in 1993 about her work with digital photographs.
When I read this quote it really grabbed me because Parada's implications ('which has always been inherent') about the subject of manipulation are one's that I feel strongly about. As a matter of fact, I had, in this blog, written a series of posts about manipulation in fine art imaging. The series of posts, formulated into an essay, can be read on my website, here, or on the Digital Outback Photo website, where it was also published....here.













2 comments:
I think that "truth or manipulated" exists along a continuum and is not one or the other. It's more a question of how far along the line we are each comfortable in travelling. I don't like to go very far, but I accept that as soon as I have made my choice of lens, and even perspective within the frame, I have moved some distance along it already.
Colin, I agree with you 100%
Post a Comment