A few days ago, I visited the Andre Kertesz exhibit entitled "On Reading" at The Carnegie Museum Of Art in Pittsburgh. It was a wonderful exhibit of Kertesz photographs, with the theme being people reading.
One of the ideas that caught my attention (besides that Kertesz had a wry sort of humor based on photos like this and this) was that life goes by without our realizing what is around us that is interesting to see. On that note, as I left the museum I found myself really looking all around me to see what was there. That is when I found this....which I took with my cell phone.
Reflections
Copyright Howard Grill
Copyright Howard Grill

6 comments:
Kertész is one of my favorites. I had the opportunity to see a few of his shots at an exhibit here in Italy and I was completely in love with his vision.
I had never seen the photos of 'On reading' - thanks for sharing.
Really like your reflection shot - btw!
Cool shot Howard. I actually attempted something like this, but at a partially frozen pond near my house. It didn't turn out nearly as good as it didn't have enough definition of the tree.
Odd. I posted a similar photo several days ago: an almost invisible tree branch emerging from the fog. I am still considering its message to me.
Thanks Sil....this was the first Kertesz exhibit I have seen and it was really terrific. Not too many classic photography exhibits come around here. I wish there were more.
Thanks Mark....wish I could say I planned it out but it was totally random that I ran across it.
Yours is a beautiful image Luis...for anyone else that wants to take a look the photo is here http://dakadeka.blogspot.com/2010/12/dreamscape-no-1.html
Post a Comment