Feb 28, 2008

More Patterns

I recently wrote a post noting that I have taken many photographs of patterns in nature. I thought I would take the opportunity to share a few more that I had seen while going through some older images.




Beetle Tracks In Sand
Copyright Howard Grill




Rushing Water
Copyright Howard Grill



Ocean
Copyright Howard Grill

6 comments:

Beau A.C. Harbin said...

These are really great patterns Howard. Very well seen and executed.

Beau A.C. Harbin said...

Was it raining when you shot "Rushing Water"? The ghosted vertical lines add a dimension of extra tension to my eye which is very interesting.

Howard Grill said...

Thanks Beau! If I remember correctly, it was actually snowing for the rushing water pattern. I am glad you mentioned liking the feel of the faint verticle lines as I wasn't sure if it added or detracted to the image.

Anonymous said...

These are nice Howard, especially the tracks in the sand, great work.

Howard Grill said...

Thanks Bernie

Mark said...

I absolutely love that center water image. Wish I had taken it. :-)