In my post about editing photographs from a trip, I mentioned that often images that are not stand alone 'best of' photos can still be important to a project because they impart to the viewer a feel for a certain area or location. This was the case for the Atwood-Higgins house, which is an early colonial homestead near Provincetown, on Cape Cod. Since I had mentioned the location, I thought I would show one of the photographs that is not all that special alone, but might well be an important contribution to a project related to the area.
Sep 25, 2009
Atwood-Higgins House
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
This is a fine shot, you are speaking of a concept that can be easily remembered the mantra "don't let the perfect become the enemy of the good." Not every image can be the greatest image that has has ever been created or will ever be created.
A body of work contains more than the one or two "perfect" shots. To tell the complete story of your subject, be it a building, an event, or a emotion you need to explore the possibilities and find the quiet "comments" that punctuate your primary statement.
We all want to shoot and show nothing but the best that we can do, but we have to accept that sometimes the best that we can do is not stunning and extraordinary. And there's nothing wrong with that.
It has taken me some time to learn exactly what you are saying!
I've been reading your blog posts, came over from Sue Henry's site. You have a lot of thinking going on in these pages. Refreshing, and insightful.
I love this simple shot. I like the colors, and the feel of it, and the mere fact that it made me pause and consider what I might see if I were to peer into that dark void.
Thanks Bo for the kind words....I see you have a blog as well and I am going to go over and check it out as well!
Post a Comment