Neat quote. I am thinking about those paintings that have a completely different one underneath that the artist wasn't happy with. At least in a philosophical sense the same could be applied to a photograph.
One of the reasons I like this so much is that there seems to me to be so many different interpretations. It struck me as an illustration of the 'struggle' for photography to be recognized as art. It also struck me as a 'definition' of what separates a fine art photograph from a snapshot. I really like what it implied to you as well.
Though not a photographer by profession, Howard has had a passion for photography since high school. He particularly enjoys making nature and abstract images. Howard's formal website can be found at www.howardgrill.com
2 comments:
Neat quote. I am thinking about those paintings that have a completely different one underneath that the artist wasn't happy with. At least in a philosophical sense the same could be applied to a photograph.
One of the reasons I like this so much is that there seems to me to be so many different interpretations. It struck me as an illustration of the 'struggle' for photography to be recognized as art. It also struck me as a 'definition' of what separates a fine art photograph from a snapshot. I really like what it implied to you as well.
Post a Comment