A few days back I wrote about going out to photograph with my seven year old daughter using a cheap point and shoot camera and not worrying about 'making good images'. That post was entitled "Unencumbered By The Gravity Of It All". Recently, Heather added a comment saying, among other things:
"Kudos for sharing this amazing world with your daughter. I'd like to see some of her photos!"
Hey, I can do that!
I thought that after yesterday's post "Portraying The Unthinkable", something a little lighter would be in order. So, here is a selection of my daughters images from the trip described in the original "Unencumbered" post. They are taken straight from the camera with dad adding just a quick touch of sharpening for the web. I present Nature, as seen through the eyes of a seven year old armed with mom's point 'n shoot:



Apr 16, 2007
Unencumbered By The Gravity Of It All, Pt II
Oh, and by the way, Heather, if you are out there reading this, I tried to e-mail you a few weeks back but the e-mail got returned to me as undeliverable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
These are great images! The first and second show movement and life, and the composition of the third and fourth suggest that she's got her Dad's eye for composition!!
Howard, From these images, I can see your daughter has great vision and focus, and certainly a talent I hope you will encourage, gently; buy her her own compact digital and teach her how to use your PC, if she doesn't know already, using your image manipulating software, to perhaps produce something really digitally different (read 'creative'), she already has the potential from just these images that you've shown us.
My particular favourites are the top image -- abstract, showing movement and a different way of portraying water; and the bottom image -- such softness and intuitive understanding of how interesting repeating patterns are when done well, like here. A nature photographer definitely in the making. Congrats, ...? (what's her name?)
I forgot my PS: I must say, Howard, these samples show a very mature outlook in photographic skill for a, twenty-seven year old, did you say...!?
Thanks janina...she's seven.
Post a Comment